Greens Report July 2018
Spraying greens with seaweed, yucca, wetting agent to minimise sun damage to greens every 2 weeks help protect midweek rolling, missing cutting rest green help protect.
• Irrigation working fine couple sprinkler problems 5 minutes max per green at night 2 am 9000 gallon tank leaving 1500 gallons to hand water in morning dry areas on top greens. Water company turning down the mains. No water available for Tees, greens are priority. Press as soon as the weather breaks we will be aerating greens top dressing and over seeding.
• Drainage around the 5th and 6th Tees we have a broken down cost ranging from 11,000 to 23,000 depending on what type of drainage pipe, diameter spacing between laterals etc.
Company will be up shortly to measure properly and recommend.
• Been asked to look at netting to put at the front of cottages this is to prevent some damage but will not stop balls hitting the roof , but it will certainly stop the danger of the residents from being seriously hurt or injured.
• SW is asking Holker Estates if they will contribute to costs as it is partly there responsibility.
• Callum McGrady is leaving Barrow Golf Club on Friday 6th July, we have 3 interviews and we need this sorting out as soon as possible.
• Course assessment is going ahead 16th July arrangements have now been sorted out. Machinery demonstrations, top dressing, transporter semi rough baby mower. 2 hours top dress.